LEMON CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
DELICIOUS, FRESH AND EASY
JULES LOVES EASY ENTERTAINING
AND THIS RECIPE FROM AT
CAROHA.COM HITS THE SPOT!
Sauvignon Blanc & fresh tasting tray-bakes are Jules’ favourite type of dinner.
Any dish featuring a whole load of yummy flavours shoved in a roasting dish and served with crusty bread and salad is a winner for Jules, and it means less time fluffing around in the kitchen and less washing up at the end of the evening!
This lemon and chicken recipe from Caroha.com uses ingredients growing in Jules' garden - the fresh asparagus and abundant citrus at JTHQ are a delicious treat for Jules and the team, and they pair perfectly with the crisp, refreshing flavours of Jules’ favourite drop!
4 chicken thighs boneless
6 potatoes medium
1 bunch asparagus
1 lemon cut into slices
4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
1 lemon juice and zest
4 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/428F.
2. To make the marinade, combine the olive oil, zest, and juice of one lemon, crushed garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Rinse the chicken thighs and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add them to one side of the roasting tray and cover them with 3 tbsp of the marinade and slices of lemon.
4. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut them into even-sized wedges. Spread them out onto the tray and toss with 2 tbsp of the marinade.
5. Add the roasting tray to the oven for 30 minutes.
6. In the meantime, prepare the asparagus by washing the stalks and snapping off any woody ends. Place them in a tea towel to dry.
7. After 30 minutes, turn the potatoes and move them further to the middle of the tray. Add the asparagus and the remaining marinade to the asparagus, potatoes, and chicken thighs. Roast everything for another 10 minutes.
8. To prepare the yogurt dip, simply mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
9. Remove the roasting tray from the oven and serve everything immediately with the yogurt dip.